We are so sorry to announce, but due to the coronavirus, we will not be able to offer our usual summer day camp for 2020. Below please find some possible alternatives, as well as information on receiving a refund. Looking forward to better times, when we will once again have campers experience joy, wonder and fun in the pastures, woods and streams of Magnolia Farm. Until then, we wish you and your family the very best during this difficult time. Stay home & stay safe.
- Please review the option described on this webpage, as well as in the accompanying email to consider the Plan B options for 2020.
- Complete and submit the MailChimp Survey by April 3, so that we may gather feedback from all registered camper families as to where their interests lie regarding the different options presented. MailChimp Survey
- After we receive everyone's Survey, we will send a follow-up email letting you know the options for 2020, and instructions on how to notify us of your final selections. It is possible we will add options to the registration form and you will be able to officially indicate your decision there. We hope to send out this email on or around April 6.
- Please be patient, as we try to offer alternatives, partial or full refunds in an orderly fashion. Our preference is to systematically refund everyone at one time. If we do this systematically, the group as a whole will all get the refund sooner. We hope to have your funds to your credit card on or before April 17.
- Your questions and concerns are very important to us. However, in the interest of focusing our resources to quickly credits to everyone, we will add a FAQ section to this webpage. Any questions you send to us of a general nature will be posted and answered on this website.
- Email correspondences: we have sent out two emails to families with campers registered for the summer of 2020; if you have not received either email, and have checked your spam, please access your Active account and enter your current, correct email address: Active Account
Early June through September (dates approximate.) Vegetables are seasonal and may include: three varieties of Premier tomatoes: one good for tomato sauce one good for tomato paste, and cherry tomatoes just plain good! Cucumbers, lettuce, beans, carrots & radishes of multiple colors; a variety of summer lettuces. Fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, lavender, mint, greek oregano, thyme. Flowers may include lavender, roses, zinnias, sunflowers, marigolds, & some edible flowers such as nasturtium & bee balm. Growers choice. Recipes and activities that may be enjoyed by the whole family will be posted online, such as making pressed flowers, how to dry flowers, make potpourri and so on. ~$290 for 10-week delivery ~ Free home delivering during “stay at home”/ current conditions. Vegetables will be priced approximately comparable to organic vegetables at Publix.
During this crisis there are great needs in the community. I wonder if together, Magnolia Farm and you, the families of campers that make up our community, could do some good for those in our area in need? You may sponsor a less fortunate family to receive weekly delivery of fresh vegetables and flowers. $290 for 10-week home delivery. It could be an elderly person, first responder’s family, a family who has lost a parent to the pandemic, or economically less fortunate family. We will work in coordination with a local, established not for profits. We welcome your suggestions for such organizations.
Activities to include story time with the animals, craft activities, outdoor activity ideas including gardening. Possibly live group tutoring time by grade and subject. Approximately 1 -3 hours of online/virtual camp per day Monday through Friday. Online collateral material to be downloaded, such as fun facts, list of materials to order ahead for next week’s activities. Virtual camp & download material to be offered on a subscription basis, $10/month. First month would be free to current Magnolia Farm families as a test run, to get your feedback & create it together. To start the second week of April, based on interest.
Dates to be determined, based on your family's needs and everyone's comfort level with meeting in
small groups. Could possibly start in June and be offered through August. Families will choose which date they would like based on the order they registered for the summer starting this past January. Minimum two children, maximum two families. (you may select the family you would participate with.) ~Activities may include archery, crafts, farm animals, creek exploration, kayaking, (once it's warm enough), gardening, horse encounter (no riding, because that requires more staff, has a higher risk and at the current rate the hospitals are going to be overflowing), helping to film the virtual camp video, tutoring, assistance with homework, supervision of online classes with school as needed. ~Pricing: We are open to your feedback, & we may need to adjust this further, but the thought is if you signed up one to three campers for five days of camp, the small group camp would meet for three days for the same price. Participants must be able to follow latest hygiene guidelines such as keeping 6 feet distance, using a tissue when they cough or sneeze, throwing it away, frequent hand washing, etc. ~Restrictions: participants and family members agree to take temperature every morning before departing for camp and inform Camp of any household members that are ill. Camp Staff will do the same. ~Camp staff will be limited to one person, the director, and possibly one assistant.
Similar idea to the small group day camp (above), except a parent would accompany children and
there would be no staff or minimal staff interaction. We would provide craft supplies and activity guides. Dates to be determined, based on your family's needs. Families will choose which date they would like based on the order they registered for the summer starting this past January. ~Activities may include, crafts, farm animals, creek exploration, kayaking, (once it's warm enough), gardening, horse encounter ~Pricing: We are open to your feedback, & we may need to adjust this further, but the thought is if you signed up one to three campers for five days of camp, the Exclusive Family use camp would meet for three days for the same price. Participants must be able to follow latest hygiene guidelines such as keeping 6 feet distance, using a tissue when they cough or sneeze, throwing it away, frequent hand washing, etc. ~Restrictions: participants and family members agree to take temperature every morning before departing for camp and inform Camp of any household members that are ill. ~ Family would bring blankets to sit on, folding chairs, a cooler with lunch and agree to disinfect any surfaces they touched daily before departure. Magnolia Farm would also disinfect area as well. In an abundance of caution, seven days of nonuse would exist between facility rental.
For those not sure of committing to one of the options listed at this time, a wonderful way to continue your support for our day camp program. Your tuition for this summer will be held and applied to camp at a later date of your choosing either in 2020 or 2021. You may opt for a refund at any time.
If you are interested in transferring your campers registration to any of the items above, please follow
1. indicate your interest in the Male Chimp survey you receive.
2. Wait for further instructions from us. Hopefully, we will be able to add these options to our online registration, so that you will be able to access your Active account and make these changes directly. 3. The amount you have already paid to Magnolia Farm for summer day camp sessions will be applied to the alternative programs you choose.
4. Any credit due to your family will be applied to your credit card.
- Complete and return the MailChimp Survey by April 3, so we have an idea of everyone's interest. MailChimp Survey
- After we receive and evaluate all surveys, look for an email verifying the next steps for you to take to get your refund. (Email to be sent April 6.) We may request that families login to their Active account and indicate their preferences on the revised registration form. (if we decide to revise the registration form.)
- Payment of credit card and registration fees: in the past, Magnolia Farm has absorbed the 4.15% credit card fee and $5.20 (per camper per week) Active Works fee on refunds. As our revenue will most likely be significantly off for 2020, we would greatly appreciate it if you would consider paying these fees. Whether we have camp or not, our 20+ animal friends need to eat!
- We will manually make final adjustments to your account to issue your credit. You will receive a confirmation email once this has been done.
- April billing: we will cancel when we make adjustments to your account. (For those who opted for a billing installment plan.)
- Please be patient: Active Works & your credit card company have staff working from home. Magnolia Farm always has a slim staff this time of year. Everyone's first priority is keeping their families safe. Again, we hope to have everyone's credit card refunded by April 17 if not sooner.
“The kids came home happy every day. Keeping kids outside and busy,” Beata, mother of E age 5 & K age 8. “I like Snickers, the rabbits, & duck, duck, goose,” E., age 5. ~Beata & daughters E age 5 & K age 8.